Wednesday, January 11, 2012

A New Evening Clutch Handbag

I finished a new clutch handbag using a belt for the handle.  I am going to keep this one for myself because it is my prototype and I consider it a learning experience.  Does anyone else do that?  I try to make all my mistakes.  Luckily, there were no mistakes on this one, but I did learn a few things.  For instance, there was a lot of bulk at the corners and my Symphony sewing machine was not handling it too well.  So I ended up using my old Singer machine to top-stitch.  And the next time I sew the lining, I am going to make it at least 1/2" smaller all around the curved sides.

It is roomy...


So hopefully, the next one that I make (hopefully by the end of the week) will turn out a bit better.

10 comments:

  1. Hi:-)
    Somehow I knew,how that bag would be looking like:-)I had imagined it to have been exactly like this:small,visit,on that beautiful and original belt,in all those pistacia colors,which makes the look happy,ready for all the ocassions.I could wear it for a big and official party,as well as to my aunt for her birthday:-)THis is that kind of bags,which we instinctively love and wear...to their end:-)
    Hugs-Halinka-

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks fabulous!!! I love the chain with it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bright colours in this handbag. Using the belt for the handle was genius!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's DARLING!!! You're amazing, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOoh!!! I Love the colours!!! ... and that belt on it as a bag handle is GORGEOUS!!!!! (CAn you tell I'm in love?! LOL!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do the same with my crochet work. I love the bag Talin, especially the color, beautiful! I don't know when I'll get back to sewing again. I have to have surgery again on Tuesday. I posted about it. In the meantime, I'll just wait and see what you sew! Love Di ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love Love Love those colors! What a great strapping idea using the belt, too. that is such a neet bag.

    I try to make a prototype, too. It's well worth the extra time. A couple of years ago I made a couple brides maids gowns and made a prototype for both girls to get their fit right. The other brides maid used another seamstress who didn't, and her gown just hung on her...so sad. I'm with you, Talin, on utilizing a prototype.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I Love these Evening Clutch Handbag , specially it's elegant design..
    Please featured more stuff specially those evening clutch bags .

    Thanks and best regards,

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like Evening Bags , It's really wonderful. Designer Evening Bag are really look awseome. I Like Korean and Indian Designer Evening Bag They have unique design. Trendy Clutch Bags

    ReplyDelete