Friday, February 10, 2012

Block Ideas and a Finish

Sarah from Confessions of a Fabric Addict was looking for a few block ideas.  So here was my first attempt using 5" and 3-1/2" fabric squares.


I used two 5" squares and two 3-1/2" squares and ended up with two finished blocks.  This looked a bit like a string quilt and I know that when there are many more blocks this would look fantastic.  But I got to thinking about how different the block would look if I added the 3-1/2" blocks on the corner with the diagonal.  And I came up with this drawing which I will be testing soon to see if I would like to make a large quilt.


Not sure if you can make out the drawing in my idea book.  I think this would look fantastic if all the corner blocks are the same color or even the same fabric.  I am thinking of using black and white fabrics.  The fabrics on the inside will be all my leftover fabrics which will be cut to 5" square.  Thanks Sarah for inspiring me.

On another note, I finally finished this quilt.  I can't seem to take a picture of it so that the quilting will show.  I have been able to show the quilting in previous posts.


I am happy with the results and this quilt definitely looks better in person.

11 comments:

  1. Hi,Talin:-)
    I love those blocks.They are so beautiful colors,which make my mood optimistic but suddenly missing Summer warmth.
    The finished quilt is also made very nice way.The beautiful setting of fabrics'designs create an 'Autumn Story' on it.The yellow flowers on the rustling background underline its fall mood.
    Nice pieces of Your Work:-)
    Greets-Halinka-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on your blocks! Whoop Whoop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the look of you string like blocks. They have a neat and precise look that strings don't have, nice!! The idea book block is really intriguing, can't wait to see how that comes along.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I clicked to enlarge Talin and I just love the fall look. I would love one like that. And I really liked the color combo on the first block. It really "Pops"! Love Di ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your string blocks, and the idea book block looks intriguing - I want to work with that one a little bit myself! And your quilt is awesome!! Whoop whoop!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful quilt and a neat block!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh,I love the colors in your quilt. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great block idea, show it off when you get it made up! I LOVE that little quilt - I clicked to make it bigger and it's DARLING!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The block idea looks interesting. Great quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. cool block idea! the quilt is great too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your quilt looks fabulous all finished and I LOVE those blocks!!!!

    ReplyDelete