Friday, March 30, 2012

Got MY Thread

So I had this string quilt on my frame when I ran out of my Signature thread.  I finally found it on Amazon, it was the last one they had in the color I needed.  So I ordered it and it finally got here today.  Now I am just hoping that the 500 yard spool will be enough for me to finish this quilt.  Thank you all for your suggestions as to where I might be able to purchase this thread.


So I started to quilt and guess what I found?  A small hole in one of the fabrics.  So now I do not know what to do.


I am not sure if Fray Check will work, but I plan on giving it a try.  I think it will be too difficult to take out the piece and replace it.  I guess we always run into problems no matter what we do...I may just have to learn to live with it.

5 comments:

  1. Glad you found the thread.... it looks like a very tiny hole? but how frustrating for you... will be a lovely quilt ...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! Well, I would probably try to applique something over it...even a tiny circle. This quilt looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How about fusible web on the underside and fabric paint on the top? Just a thought.
    I've not seen a quilt frame that big before, pretty cool!!
    Love Di ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. How frustrating!!!!! How about a tiny embroidery over it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow those are some good ideas in the previous comments.
    glad you found the thread-that's always a pain in the duppa-some would say "a design challenge" I would say "no it's a pain in the duppa :)

    ReplyDelete