Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Another King's Cross Quilt and New Slippers

I loved the King's Cross pattern so much, I decided to make another one.  This time, I did not use batiks like I did before (previous quilt).  This is what it looks like so far:

I took the picture a bit crooked, huh?

I am planning on putting two borders (a thin yellow/gold one and a wider green one). 

On another note, I made these slippers.  Yes slippers!  I don't like bulky slippers or ones with the "grippy" bottoms, so I decided to make my own.  My first pair were a disaster because my feet were too big for them.  This pattern worked out great, but the instructions were not the best.  I ended up sewing them a bit differently.  I have been wearing them for over a week and I LOVE them.  They are comfy and lightweight.


I think I am ready for my next landscape quilt.  I just purchased a book by Joyce Becker called Beautifully Embellished Landscapes, so you know what I will be doing over the next week or so.  Will let you know about the book.  If any one out there has a great landscape quilting book, please let me know. 

6 comments:

  1. Love your Kings Cross.... the colours melt in so well... and great slippers... such a crafters heart .. nothing out there you like so you make your own ... love them
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Kings Cross is gorgeous! I think your idea for borders will be perfect. And you can make slippers too - wow. They're really cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes that quilt is beautiful. I love the colors that you chose Talin. I really like greens, yellows and golds.
    I love, love, love those slippers. I wear slippers all the time. It's kind of strange now that I think of it but I've never crocheted myself a pair! My older daughter always gets me a new pair for Christmas. It's kind of a thing with us as she knows how cold my feet get!
    Love your work! Love Di ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,Talin:-)
    The quilt looks so beautiful.This is the very nice design,with smaller pieces and in green-which I like best.It must be hard to fit all those small pieces of fabrics,compose them together and match so ideally,to 'build' entirely different fabric from them.This is the real art.
    The slippers are sweet:-)Fine rubber put around makes them stable when worn.Very good idea and I like the colors too.
    Warm Hugs-Halinka-

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE these quilts!! Perfect for all of those scraps!! Kelly did slippers using fleece a long time ago (well, it seems like a long time ago) and she loved them! You gals crack me up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very beautiful these shoes from my home.
    I wish and i to work but I don't know.
    It is hard the tutorial?
    Queried
    google translation

    ReplyDelete