Thursday, April 26, 2012

Some Teas and Japanese Findings

As I mentioned while in San Francisco I picked up a Japanese Yo-Yo Handbag book and a craft magazine.


Now I have heard that if you know a bit about sewing you could follow the instructions in Japanese magazines because they have pictures.  As I browsed through these materials, I can now understand.  Each step has pictures and measurements (in cm., but so what?) so I think I will be able to make the projects.  What I liked about their craft magazines is that they have a little bit of everything.  In this particular one, they had jewelry, embroidery, sewing, etc.. There is a really cute cap and hat in it that I want to try out.  I bought the yo-yo book because not only is it a clever way to make a bag, but there are several different patterns.  Unfortunately, the minimum number of yo-yos is about 150...will I have the patience?  Not sure yet, but I know a friend who might want to borrow this book since she has made an Easter egg covered with yo-yos.  She has patience.

I found these materials in a Japanese book store in Japantown and the only reason why we were there was because of the Japanese Cherry Blossom Festival.  Hubby and I had a fun time looking at the exhibits.  There were dolls, Bonsai trees, tea ceremonies, card games, and let's not forget the food.

For those of you who know me, know that I love my tea.  So how could I pass up these teas that I bought on Pier 39 at the Spice and Tea Exchange?


I have already tried every one, but the one I like the most is the coconut one.  And if the proprietor of the store did not sell me on it, I was going to pass it up.  Not only does it smell delicious, it is delicious. I usually don't like teas with flavors, but I decided to give a few a try and I am glad I did.  I bought the traditional Earl Grey and herbal teas and I am not disappointed.  Maybe if I have a few cups of the herbal tea, it will relax me.  Then maybe I can tackle some yo-yos.

2 comments:

  1. 150 yo yos??? Oh dear. It sounds like a great project though.

    Like you, I am not a fan of the flavored tea, but the coconut might be good. It doesn't sound really sweet or fruity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those books look great! I've heard that about them too, that it's pretty easy to figure out. Hm. Let me know, lol! The teas look [and sound] very yummy! I enjoyed your pics of San Francisco!

    ReplyDelete