Friday, May 4, 2012

Starting To Think About My YoYo Bag

I have finally picked out the first handbag I want to make from the Japanese book I bought while in San Francisco.

YoYo Bag (I wish I could write the author, but I cannot read Japanese)

As you can see, I have also picked out the fabric I want to use.  The best thing about these yo-yos is that there is a center fabric inside the circle.  I have never seen this before and I am dying to give it a try.  I plan on using up all my small scraps for the smaller/inside circle.

So, next up, I am going to get my Go Cutter out.  I could do cut the circles the old fashioned way and cut them out with scissors, but I won't!

9 comments:

  1. Dear Talin:
    It looks horribly difficult:-))
    These are circles.I know,how to cut them,but further on-with sewing them up,it would be the real horror for me:-))
    But all in all: it looks so fine-I bet You'll make the wonderful thing.I'll be very glad to see it in progress.
    Hugs-Halinka-

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great bag - and yes, by all means use your GO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks pretty amazing... it will be fun to watch growing...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very interesting! I can't wait to see your progress and process!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks amazing. I have done the yo yos with the fabric inside - many years ago under my grandmothers instruction!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty cool!! Can't wait to see it finished, love the inside of the yo-yo is different than the outside, am I seeing that right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never seen a bag like this before! Very Lovely! I will be fun to see along the way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How beautifully unique this bag is. I can't wait to see what ya do to make it sweetie! 'Looks like a real challenge to me!

    This is gonna be great!

    God bless and have a magnificent week sweetie!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to see the finished product of this unique bag Talin!
    Love Di ♥

    ReplyDelete