Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Goodies in the Mail

Imagine my surprise when I went to my mail box today and found a package from Leona from Leona's Quilting Adventure.  I forgot that I had signed up to receive some goodies during my birthday month.  Yes, I am now one year older.  Thank you so much Leona.  She sent me a beautiful fat quarter, Log Cabin key chain, and a mustache pin from Christine from Sewandsomuchmore.


I said I would show you some of my hand projects since I have not been home much.  I am still working on my yo-yo's.


And I made this beautiful flower bag.  This bag was done entirely by hand.  I love this book (Omiyage by Kumiko Sudo), it is an "oldy", but  "goody".  I have made several projects from it and I always find myself browsing through it.


Here is the other side of the flower.  It is really tiny.  Most of the bags in this book are more decorative than useful, but that doesn't stop me from making them.  They are used to put gifts in and then give away.


I am hoping to get to the sewing machine sometime soon, but until then...

Have a great day everyone.


4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday... the little bag is really sweet... what a great way to give a gift... and your yo-yo pile is growing prettily
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. On a good day I couldn't keep up with you Talin!! I love the way those Yo-Yo's look. They are so pretty. The little bag you made was very unique. I'll bet my oldest daughter would like that.

    So cool that you got prizes in the mail. Was it your birthday? If so Happy Birthday, happy sewing!! Love Di ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday!

    Your yo yos are looking terrific and the Omniyage is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday - Leona's surprises are really lovely!

    ReplyDelete