Monday, June 25, 2012

New iPAD Cover

I am so excited that I now have an iPAD, Yippeee!  I needed to find a cover for it, so I searched and searched, but could not find the one I wanted.  So, you guessed it, I sort of winged it.  First I picked out a fabric that I liked, then I quilted the fabric, and then I cut it out to sew.  I have a snap closure, but I also added an elastic trim (black trim) so that I can flip it over to the back for extra security.  Now just so you don't think I can just whip things up, this was my second attempt! And I am very happy with the way it turned out.  The last pic shows a small cutout for taking pictures, this was missing from every iPAD cover tutorial/instruction I found.

Closed and the black trim is elastic so it can be flipped to secure.

Fully open with snap closure

Standing upright

I used a grommet for the photo eye opening.
Just one more note, since I used a grommet for the photo eye opening I placed a small amount of glue on the inside to prevent the grommet from scratching my iPAD.

5 comments:

  1. That came out great! I "winged it" on some Kindle carrying bags for my daughters for Christmas. I won't tell you how many failed attempts I had... we'll just say it was more than 2 :-)

    Great idea to put in the grommet for the camera. I never would have thought of that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks terrific and your fabrics are wonderful. The idea of a grommet for the eye is perfect too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very clever Talin. You need to sell these!!
    Love Di ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good idea! Would make a great tutorial, just sayin'...in all of your spare time of course. LOL!!

    ReplyDelete