Sunday, June 17, 2012

Proud Parents

Well, it happened.  Late last month my daughter graduated from college.  She is leaving her college town, home town, and moving herself to sunnier weather.  We have been packing, unpacking, packing, and unpacking again.  It has been a whirlwind, trying to find an apartment, picking out furniture, cleaning, etc..  Needless to say I have not had much time for crafts, but have managed to work on a few hand projects here and there.  Hopefully I can post them in the near future.  I have also tried to keep up with reading the blogs I follow, but I am so far behind it isn't funny.  But it is all worth when I look at this picture...


I don't know if she yet realizes how lucky she is!  She may disagree with me a bit about how lucky she is because there have definitely been some hardships along the way.  But I prefer to dwell on the positive.  Her college years have afforded her the opportunity to make new friends, have guidance from some great professors, and support from the community.  Although she is closing this chapter in her  life, she is now starting a new one with her career.  I hope she will be as lucky and I hope she knows how happy and proud her parents are.  We love you!

11 comments:

  1. IT IS A VERY beautiful and intelligent.
    THEY MUST BE happy THAT YOU'RE mother. Congratulations to your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to your daughter - I wish her all the success and happiness in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,Talin:
    What perfect news!Congrats,Congrats!This is so happy day to graduate!I wish Hre Happy and Sunny Vacations and All the Best for further life-steps.
    You,as Her Mom must be very happy and proud.This is also the perfect day for Parents:-)
    Warm Hugs-Halinka-

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful news Talin. Congratulations to your daughter and to you too.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations.... all the best in the next step of life...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to the proud parents and to your daughter on her
    graduation from college!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations to your daughter, good luck is always

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! May all good things be hers! And woo-hoo for you too, it's one of the greatest blessings to see your child find their way in life.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How wonderful Talin. I can feel your pride. I remember how proud we were when Ginny graduated but then how heartbroken I was when she moved hundreds of miles away for her new career! Of coarse we were happy for her but I just cried and cried!!
    Anyway it's good to hear the happy news. Congratulations to your beautiful daughter! Love Di ♥

    ReplyDelete