Thursday, July 5, 2012

A New Hat/Cap

I made a hat!  I used a pattern from the Japanese magazine I bought while I was visiting San Francisco.


I wanted to use silk ties, ones I had on hand...



It is amazing how much fabric one tie yields.  I cut out the entire lining from the bottom section of one tie.


 I then cut the ties up and laid them out in a pleasing manner.  I added some trim here and there.  Then, I sewed the pieces together and then quilted on top of the seams.


And voila!  I really like the way the hat turned out.


 However, I do not like it on me.  This one will be given away.  I think I will try to make this hat again with a smaller visor.



The best part is that I was able to follow the pattern...

6 comments:

  1. What a GREAT idea for old ties!!! I love the cap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cap looks wonderful and I love the idea of using ties!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea and the cap looks fantastic.... love repurposing and there are so many beautiful ties....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nonsense! I think the cap looks great on you Talin. It looked pretty simple to make. I like it. Love Di ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it looks great on you!! But we do tend to be our own worst critic. Great job!

    ReplyDelete