Monday, July 30, 2012

Temari Ball/Pin Cushion

Has anyone ever made a Temari ball?  I finished one the other day and I love it.  It is a lot of work (all done by hand), but I really enjoyed the process.  I followed the directions from Omiyage by Kumiko Sudo.  I have made several projects from this book and I have liked every one of them.  This one can be a pin cushion, but I don't think I will be able to stick any pins in this one.  Weird, huh?



The best part is that this entire ball was made from my scraps!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Talin! I have sure been out of blogland touch! Your ball is a beautiful decoration! Love your broken dishes quilts -- and Congratulations to your family with your daughter's graduation and start of her career! And special congratulations to you for your blogland honor! Hope to see you in September! Florence

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pretty! Love all of the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good grief that is gorgeous - no, I wouldn't stick pins in it either! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is amazing! It does look like a tone of work, but it is oh so pretty! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is one of the prettiest pin cushions that I've ever seen Talin! I can't do much hand sewing anymore, I actually don't like sewing by hand even though I am good at it. But I would give that a go if I could. Very nice! Love Di ♥

    ReplyDelete